We fund smart, creative ideas that stimulate economic growth.
Thinking big means planning for smart, sustainable growth. The Creative Cities Fund exists to help our community make the leap to become a visionary city that attracts thought leaders, creators, entrepreneurs and businesses alike.
We know making the leap takes time and planning. It requires creative ideas today and sustainable models for tomorrow. That’s why we look for smart, tangible opportunities to spur economic development and improve education in our community. They’re our building blocks for success.
The Creative Cities Fund is about innovation – backed by a solid business plan.
The mission of the Creative Cities Fund is to create a culture of innovation in economic development and public education.
Launch 2035 – 2017
Funded an economic development study designed to map the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, including regional strengths, synergies and opportunities for improvement.
Downtown Huntsville Inc. – 2017
Funded one of eight bicycle stands of the Downtown Blue Bikes bike share program established by Downtown Huntsville Inc. and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama.
Launch 2035 – 2016
Second year grant for regional planning for entrepreneurship, land use, and workforce development initiatives.
Launch 2035 – 2015
First year grant for regional planning for entrepreneurship, land use, and workforce development initiatives.
Funding may be provided to 501(c)3 non-profits or government entities for:
- Long-term regional visioning
- Economic vitality initiatives
- Education engagement/citizen visioning efforts for local school systems
- Career/workforce education
- A donors committee of Committee of 100 members who contribute to the fund will be appointed by the Committee of 100 Board to recommend expenditures based on focus areas and to review the investment performance of the fund.
- The Community Foundation will manage investments, issue checks, send recognition to members/families of those honored, and send 501(c)3 tax reports to donors.