In 2005, the Committee of 100 established a John R. Riche Scholar program to recognize outstanding young African-American leaders in our community who possess the qualities of leadership, commitment to community service, and respect for diversity evidenced by the late John Riche, one of our founding members.
Recipients are invited each year to join for two years. John Riche Scholars attend all meetings of the Committee of 100 and receive mentoring from individual members.
Current John Riche Scholars
Jocelyn Boustani, Assistant City Attorney, City of Huntsville
Ambria Lankford, Attorney, Lanier Ford
Daniel Kassambira, Executive Director, YMCA Madison
Dexter Strong, Pastor, Monte Santo United Methodist Church
John Riche Scholar Past Recipients
- Al Stanley, President, Stanley Construction
- Kim Brown, Attorney, Kim Brown Attorney at Law
- Markeeva Morgan, NASA
- Angela Whaley, Enlogica Solutions
- Patrick Wynn, Boys and Girls Club of North Alabama
- Patrick Grayson, KGA Strategic
- Vickye Hester, J.F. Drake Technical College
- Kevin Jefferson, Jefferson Financial
- Tammy Leeth, Madison County Mental Health Center
- Kimberly Lewis, PROJECTXYZ Inc.
- JesHenry Malone, Huntsville Police Department
- Stephanie Malone, Girls, Inc.
- Tony McGinnis, Harris Home
- Tryshanda Nkhata-Moton, SAIC
- Lamont Redrick, The Boeing Co.
- Johnathan Richardson, Math instructor and pastor
- Quisha Riche, Attorney
- Gus Tucker, Engineering Consultant, Rhino Corporation