In 2005, the Committee of 100 etablished a John R. Riche Scholarship program to recognize outstanding young African-American leaders in our community who possess the qualities of leadership, commitment to community service, and respect for diversity evidenced by the late John Riche, one of our founding members.
Scholarship recipients are invited each year to join at a reduced membership fee for two years. John Riche Scholarship recipients attend all meetings of the Committee of 100 and receive mentoring from individual members.
2016 John Riche Members
John Riche Scholar Past Recipients
- Patrick Wynn, Boys and Girls Club of North Alabama
- Patrick Grayson, KGA Strategic
- Vickye Hester, J.F. Drake Technical College
- Kevin Jefferson, Jefferson Financial
- Tammy Leeth, Madison County Mental Health Center
- Kimberly Lewis, PROJECTXYZ Inc.
- JesHenry Malone, Huntsville Police Department
- Stephanie Malone, Girls, Inc.
- Tony McGinnis, Harris Home
- Tryshanda Nkhata-Moton, SAIC
- Lamont Redrick, The Boeing Co.
- Johnathan Richardson, Math instructor and pastor
- Quisha Riche, Attorney
- Gus Tucker, Engineering Consultant, Rhino Corporation