- Formed 1st BRAC Committee with regional leadership and funding.
- Hired consultant to produce economic impact data.
- Developed concept for Generals’ homes.
- Transferred management to Chamber.
Retail Development Incentives
- Commissioned PARCA Study on best practices in retail incentives resulting in TIF Plans.
- Supported national retail marketing by Chamber and City of Huntsville.
- Encouraged city, county elected leader support of TIF plans.
- 8 TIFs have produced new and revitalized retail and new schools.
- Community leader trip to Chattanooga
- Hired River City attorney to form Big Spring Partners
- Contracted with Big Spring Partners to form Downtown Huntsville, Inc.
- Raised $1.4 million in 3-year pledges and hired experienced CEO
Young Professionals Workforce Plan
- Partnered with Arts Council and Chamber of Commerce on plan to recruit/retain YPs
- Hired Carol Coletta of Memphis to produce Huntsville Talent Magnet Report
- Developed HYP partnership
- Formed YP Workforce Coalition
- Formed Committee of 100 YP
- 10 years later UA Huntsville study showed 15% increase, reversing 10% decline
Career Workforce Education
- PARCA Study on Best Practices
- Educators trip to Chattanooga
- Formed Business/Education Coalition
- Career Academies in all 3 school systems
Political Leadership Focus on Local Races
- Huntsville & Madison Mayor
- Huntsville & Madison City Council
- Huntsville Board of Education
- Madison County Commission
- Madison County Board of Education
- Madison County Superintendent